the lukewarm blog

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Darn it all - another Saturday where I missed the boat... and the freighter?




I had made a mental note to remember that there would be another one of those "career expos" in town - a vast exposition of employers more than willing and all-too happy to sign you up and exploit you to the bone... That sort of thing...
The dream job awaited me - and shall await a while lonnger (if not forever).

For, alas, once again, I jotted down that mental note hastily and snagged it inside one of those memory drawers that are SELDOM USED as it is...

So I missed the boat again there - only remembering that today was "the day" when I got out to run a quick errand and saw the aforementioned expo advertised on a BUS that cut me off (shades of Sex In The City - not. I am not a floozie like Sarah Jessica Parker (among other things that she's been called...!) HECK - I am a MANLY MAN! But I am digressing right now...)

The jobs expo is actually the FREIGHTER that I missed - clearly.
The boat -or bandwagon, to be a trifle more accurate here- that I missed jumping on is really the P.H. tugboat of tweedledee-tweedledumbness...!

No, banish the Preparation H images and/or inane, tasteless jokes that sprung up to your mind the moment you saw the initials "P.H." - capisce?

It's not an ointment we're talking about here; it's a viscous social calamity!

In other words: it's the Paris Hilton show.
And it did come to MY TOWN today - nobody told me in advance though! Or I would have prepared...! You know how: water bombs, water pistols, nerfballs bazookas, expired eggs and rotten tomatoes - the works!
But I was not INFORMED... And now it is too late! :(

Maybe next time, Paris...
Yeah - see you in Paris! ;)



Labels:

2 Comments:


  • SOURCE ARTICLE:


    Hundreds show up at Montreal shoe store to see party girl Paris Hilton

    Sat Apr 5, 8:20 PM

    By The Canadian Press
    PUBLICITÉ

    MONTREAL - Paris Hilton swept into Montreal on Saturday to meet her fans and sell some shoes.

    Hundreds of people lined up on a Ste-Catherine Street sidewalk for as long as seven hours to check out Hilton's new footwear line.

    "I'm so excited to be in Montreal again, I love Canada," Hilton told the horde of photographers and fans crammed into the back of the downtown Browns Shoes store.

    "It's an honour to have my shoe line here. I'm very excited and I'm excited to see all my fans - I saw there's so many people outside."

    Flashbulbs lit up the room as Hilton blew kisses, struck poses and showed off a pair of grey high heels from her collection.

    Fans shouted "I love you Paris" to the socialite as she strutted around a small stage.

    "I love you all, thank you so much for coming, this is so exciting, and go buy my shoes," she said.

    By Blogger Luminous (\ô/) Luciano™, at 6:54 PM  


  • Only one thing to add here:

    Ladies...

    You're better off going shoeless now!



    By Blogger Luminous (\ô/) Luciano™, at 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Watch Videos:

  1. THE CHEMICALS BETWEEN US (Bush)
  2. THE HAUNTING - FEATURING SIMONE SIMONS (Kamelot)
  3. NOBODY'S HERO (Rush)
  4. HOLD ON MY HEART (Genesis)
  5. HEADLINE NEWS (Weird Al Yankovic)
  6. GUMP (Weird Al Yankovic)
  7. AMISH PARADISE (Weird Al Yankovic)
  8. FAT (Weird Al Yankovic)
  9. I LOST ON JEOPARDY (Weird Al Yankovic)
  10. I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY (Kylie Minogue)
Video Codes by VideoCodeZone.Com



Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!